Friday, November 18, 2022

To Shave or Not to Shave?

 Hello There,

    Something I wanted to touch on that some of you may have noticed in my photos is that my legs aren't shaved. While most people presenting as women tend to prefer to have shaved legs, it's something I and many others do not have the luxury of having. For me, my work uniform requires me to wear shorts, so the second I shave my legs it will be instantly noticeable. Shaved legs can be explained by some by saying it is necessitated by various hobbies like swimming. Unfortunately for me my coworkers know me too well and probably won't believe such an excuse. So I'm stuck with body hair, but honestly it doesn't bother me too much. I typically wear pantyhose when I dress, so those help to smooth out my legs when wearing an outfit that shows off my legs. But more significantly, body hair just doesn't bother me. As someone who is genderfluid, I crossdress to express myself when I want to feel like a woman, and there are so many other outlets to feel feminine beyond just having smooth legs. Additionally, when I want to feel masculine having body hair is certainly a plus. So at the end of the day, honestly I don't really mind having body hair, I have other outlets to feel feminine and by keeping most of it I still get to feel masculine. To all you ladies out there that don't have shaved arms and legs, don't let it dampen your enjoyment of feeling feminine, you still look beautiful!

-Carly