Friday, November 11, 2022

My LOVE of Disney Princesses!



 Hello There,

    An unfortunate side effect of being a transgender or genderfluid person is the loss of time due to not coming out earlier in life. Because we live in an unaccepting society, there's a lot of time stolen from us at the beginning of our lives that we could have spent expressing ourselves as feminine. So it's certainly totally understandable that a lot of older trans women express themselves by wearing outfits or styles that are not necessarily age appropriate, but hey more power to them (You look great ladies!). For younger trans or genderfluid women, I feel like the push is more toward recapturing the childhood as a little girl that was stolen from us. Now for many this manifests as either the Sissy or ABDL lifestyles, neither of which I've really tried, or am interested in discussing here. Instead I'd like to discuss how in my quest to recapture the feminine childhood that was stolen from me I found a new love and admiration for Disney Princesses!

    Ever since I was a little kid I always had feminine interests; I wanted to play with dolls, or play house, or dress up. But alas as a little boy it meant I could only do things little boys were meant to do like play with dinosaurs or sports. These youthful feminine interests never left me however, obviously once I started crossdressing my interest in playing dress up was satisfied LOL. But the desire was still there for everything else however, I wanted to feel young and feminine and girly. I wanted to enjoy the things that at some point in every girl's life she enjoys. Now how exactly I would be able to manifest those feelings I was never quite sure.

    My answer came in a pattern I noticed when as I aged I started looking through photos of transgender women and crossdressers online. At some point almost all of them had dressed as a Disney Princess; Cinderella, Belle, Elsa, you name a Disney Princess at some point a crossdresser had dressed as them. This caught my eye because I too was a Disney mega-fan, I grew up watching all the movies, and living in Florida, I visited the theme parks all the time. So I started looking up more photos of crossdressers in princess dresses, and cosplayers, and theme park cast members, I was starting to fall down the rabbit hole. I began looking up fan art, videos, and stories. At a certain point I realized, that most of my free time was now being dedicated to enjoying Disney Princesses. I had finally found that childlike wonder and enjoyment that I was looking for! Disney Princesses embodied everything I enjoyed about women: beauty, grace, kindness, intelligence, and overwhelming femininity!

    Well it's one thing to enjoy looking at something online, it's another thing to actually bring that hobby to your life in person. When I finally moved into an apartment where I would have some privacy I knew I had to bring Disney Princesses to my life in a big way. Firstly as I was buying women's clothes for myself for the first time, there was one must have item on my list: a princess dress. But who to choose? The answer was easy for me: Belle. Belle's dress is just so incredibly beautiful and feminine, with the wide skirt and it being yellow, it seemed like a natural choice as my first princess dress. Well I ordered one on amazon, got it delivered and it was the first thing I tried on. The dress certainly did not disappoint, it was soft, shiny, flowing and oh so feminine. The occasion was also made all the more special because it was my first time doing makeup, so my feminine euphoria was at an all time high. While I unfortunately would end up having to purge that dress when I briefly moved back home after college, my time dressing as a princess did not end there. I've since added two new princesses to my collection, Cinderella and Snow White. I chose Cinderella because like Belle, her dress was uber feminine. Snow White's dress on the other hand I'm not the hugest fan of, but it was on sale so how could I resist, she's still a Disney Princess! Both dresses are incredibly fun to wear, and reignite that girly feeling I was looking for. Hopefully I'll be able to add some new princess dresses to my collection soon!



    While wearing princess dresses certainly scratches the itch of recapturing my stolen childhood as a little girl, It was just a band aid. I was still spending 99% of my time princess free, and I wanted to find a way to bring more of the feeling of youthful femininity to my life. Inspiration struck in Walmart of all places, I was walking through the home goods section when I came across an adorable Disney Princess blanket with Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel for only $15. Naturally I immediately bought it, and while I really loved it, it gave me the inspiration for something far grander: A Disney Princess themed bedroom, just like a little girl would have! Once that inspiration had struck I went on a shopping spree, I had to find a comforter that featured my favorite Princesses and I'd been looking for any excuse to try satin sheets for the first time. When It all came together it looked amazing, the room of my dreams! The two years I spent sleeping in that room were amazing, like a fairytale. Of course all good things must end and like my Belle dress I had to say farewell to my princess room when I finished college. 

    Today in my new condo, while I don't have an over the top princess room like I once did, I have started collecting Disney Princess dolls. I have six sitting on my desk and when I wake up every morning I'm greeted by six of my favorite royal ladies. While for now I just have a basic pink satin sheet and comforter set, I'm always on the lookout for some new Disney Princess additions. Additionally like I mentioned earlier I'm hoping to add some new princess dresses to my collection (Rapunzel and Aurora are both definitely on the docket). I'm looking for new and creative ways to bring the joys of Disney Princesses to my life and one of the most exciting things I've found about them so far is just how many new and fun ways I can incorporate them into my life. 


    Well I hope you enjoyed me gushing over how much I love Disney Princesses. Once I get some new dresses or dolls maybe I'll come back for a part two. I'll take any excuse to talk about them LOL. Until then I leave you with the question: who is your favorite Disney Princess? Just don't ask me, it's far too hard to choose.

-Carly