Saturday, November 12, 2022

Panties!

Hello there,

    Well today is the day, we're gonna talk everyone's favorite subject: Panties! For many crossdressing, transgender and genderfluid people panties are their first step into the feminine world (although not me, check out my post on how I started dressing). Whether it be trying on your Mom's, Sister's, Aunt's, or Girlfriend's, inevitably curiosity gets the best of us, and we tried on panties for the first time. For whatever reason there's something so inherently naughty about the idea of men wearing women's underwear that for many once they try wearing panties there's no stopping. Now I know I speak for more than just myself when I say that a large part of the allure of wearing women's clothing is the wide variety of options you are presented with, and that certainly extends to women's underwear. So I just wanted to give some of my thoughts on panties and highlight some of my favorite styles and materials.

    I'll start with my first panties, or maybe I should say my Mom's panties. I tried on a pair of her pink microfiber Hanes bikini panties, and wow, the feeling of the soft and smooth microfiber on me felt amazing! After that pair I tried on a pair of purple cotton panties, and I found my satisfaction at wearing them greatly decreased. They were rough and didn't have a lot of stretch stretch to them, not like the microfiber pair I had tried on. So from that day on, during the hundred or so times I wore my Mom's clothes I always picked one of her microfiber pairs. Naturally when I first starting buying clothes for myself, the first item in my basket were a package of microfiber panties. A large part of what makes women's underwear so great is how much softer it is than men's. This is a big reason microfiber panties are some of my favorites, unlike cotton panties which share the exact same fabric as men's underwear, (Boring!). Microfiber also has fantastic stretch to it which helps accommodate my manly bits.

    When it comes to my favorite styles of panties, you certainly can't go wrong with bikini, hipsters, or cheekies. All of them provide similar levels of coverage to help hold all your man bits together, while also not sacrificing a feminine cut. As I discussed earlier, Microfiber is usually my material of choice but as for the cut I usually find that any of the previously listed work fine. When it comes to brands, I'm a cheapskate, I usually don't shell out huge sums of money on underwear that no one is going to see but me. Usually I just stick to whatever I can buy in a store for a reasonable price like Hanes (in ode to my mother's panties that I first wore), or any of Walmart or Target's store brand panties, sometimes they sell really cute single pairs for like $2.50! The only times I spend more than my normal amount for panties is for lingerie I plan on taking photos of myself in, that's really the only way I can justify the price. 

    The only time I spent a larger than normal sum on a pair of panties was at Victoria's Secret, a name that gives all crossdressers shivers of excitement LOL. I had been doing a lot of research online as to men's favorite brands of panties and many sung Victoria's Secrets praises as being both incredibly comfortable. and sexy. I've always had a deep love for lingerie sections in stores and the idea of actually shopping at a Victoria's Secret seemed exhilarating. Well one day I bucked up the courage and went to my local mall to buy a pair of Seamless Bikini Panties in pink and white stripes, a classic Victoria's Secret color pattern. I walked in and was kindly greeted by the employee standing at the front door, she asked me if I needed help finding anything. I confidently said no thank you, as I knew exactly what I was looking for. I walked to their table where all there panties were, and there they were lying in wait for me. I picked up a pair in my size and walked to wait in line at the register, I probably looked pretty awkward standing there, a guy with only a single pair of panties in hand (in his size mind you), but I was feeling too much euphoria to care. Once I reached the register the woman checking me out was so nice and friendly (why are all the women in Victoria's Secret so nice?!), she put my panties in one of those cute little bags and sent me on my way. I proudly walked out of the mall Victoria's secret bag in hand! Once I got home and tried them on, yeah I can confirm they are BY FAR one of my most comfortable pairs of panties I own. If Victoria's Secret wasn't so expensive I'd imagine most of the underwear I owned would be VS.


    So you've probably noticed I haven't discussed, the sexier styles of women's underwear like Thongs and G-Strings, well that's because I'm not really a fan. I know, sacrilegious for a man who loves wearing women's underwear to not like Thongs but let me explain. It's not really the lack of fabric in the back that bothers me, so much as it is in the lack of fabric in the front. Unless you are extremely good at tucking or are using some form of adhesive there's just no way that a thong or g-string is going to hold everything together. If you're fine with things falling loose at times, that's great, you get to enjoy the sexier end of women's underwear. For those of us like me that dress for extended periods of time, these styles just aren't functional. While I'd love to be able to say I wear sexy panties all the time unfortunately for me that's just not the case.

    One last thing I wanted to touch on might just be my absolute favorite style of panty: Nylon Briefs. As I started exploring online crossdresser communities more and more, something always caught my eye: a huge portion of the community seemed to love nylon brief panties. I always found that so odd, "those are granny panties" I thought. Despite this people love them, and there's a whole community online of people who just enjoy these panties, without any interest in crossdressing further. In fact if you look through the reviews on amazon for nylon brief panties, many of them are unashamedly men! Here are some examples from Vanity Fair Women's Perfectly Yours High Waisted Brief Panties: 

Obviously a lot of men LOVE wearing these panties, so I had to get over my prejudice and give them a try. My local Kohl's was having a sale on Vanity Fair's Nylon Brief panties (the general census seeming to be that Vanity Fair was the best brand for nylon brief panties), and I drove down in guy mode to get a set of my own. I picked up a three pack with some fun colors and unashamedly brought them to register. The checkout lady didn't make any comments about them, and I walked out with my set nylon panties. After trying them on for the first time I instantly knew what all the fuss was about. First of all, nylon is an incredibly soft material and feels absolutely fantastic to wear. What I think is far more significant about these panties however is that I would not be surprised if they were designed with men in mind. While that's more than likely not true, let me explain why it feels true. These panties have a wide crotch and ample support, making them feel like they were designed for people with male genitals. So combined with the fact that they feel really soft, they are also designed in such a way that they fit men perfectly! Now lets address the elephant in the room, they are not exactly the sexiest style of panty on the market, hence the term "Granny Panties". Unless you are planning on having someone see you in your panties, or are taking pictures of yourself, what on earth does it matter what your panties look like. Nylon briefs are by far some of the most comfortable panties on the market (as I write this article I am actually wearing a pair), and I hope more people give them a try. 
    Well I hope you had some fun reading my thoughts and opinions on panties today, I certainly had fun writing about them! There's so much to talk about when it comes to women's underwear, who knows, one day maybe I'll be back for a part 2. But for now I wish you all happy panty wearing!! Enjoy the assorted random panty pics bellow! 
    -Carly