Sunday, March 26, 2023

My Love of Layers

 Hello There,

    Today I wanted to talk about something I thought about the other day; I really love the fact that women wear so many layers of clothing. It was sort of a weird realization, because on the surface it can be kind of annoying with how many items of clothing you have to put on at once. I think for me however it sort of plays into the idea that having to wear so many layers is a fairly feminine trait, and as someone who loves all aspects of femininity, I find myself really enjoying the layers instead of finding them annoying. In fact I often find myself drawn to outfits where I get the opportunity to wear more layers, like dresses under which a slip or petticoat can be worn. 

    As a fun little photo project I figured I'd put on one of my favorite dresses and take pics of all the different items of clothing I have on layered beneath it. So in terms of all the items that I'm wearing with this outfit we have: A Bra and Panties, Tights, Shape wear, a full Slip, Shoes, A petticoat (I know it's a little unusual to wear over a full slip, but I think it's a fun combo), the dress itself and gloves! 


    Another outfit I have that is super conducive to wearing a lot of layers is a business wear look. In terms of the different clothing items that I get to layer with this outfit, the top and skirt are separate, and I get to add a blazer on top!




    Hope you enjoyed my little dress up montage, getting to wear so many items of women's clothing at once is wonderful! The feeling of all the soft feminine fabrics brushing up against each other is divine! There are certainly more layers that could have been added to both outfits like more shapewear, extra jewelry, additional petticoat layers with the dress, etcetera. These are the layers I'm working with today however, and I'm loving every layer of it! 

-Carly