Sunday, March 12, 2023

Dress for Success!

 Hello There,

   

    Hey friends, today I wanted to discuss one of my favorite styles of women's clothing: Business and Office wear. Now I know what you're thinking "Carly you're not seriously about to talk about another boring non-sexy type of women's clothing again are you?". Yes I am! It's fun to wear because of how unique it is, it is fun to accessorize with in terms of underwear, and when done correctly it can still be sexy and ooze feminine energy. We've all certainly heard the cliché of a sexy secretary, well why not become one yourself? There's certainly several different options available to craft your favorite look, but I figured I'd just touch on my favorites: Dresses, Tie-Neck Blouses, and Blazers.

Work Dresses 

Work Dresses, or Pencil Dresses, or whichever name you choose to call them by are usually simple form fitting dresses that are not overly revealing and appropriate for the work place. Just because they tend to be a little conservative in appearance however does not mean that they can't still be sexy and fun to wear. The key is that they are form fitting like I mentioned earlier, as you can see in the examples I provided above, each of these shows off the woman's curves extremely well. They often also can incorporate fun feminine design details like bows and peplums. Overall they're a great option if you want to feel classy, feminine, with a hint of sexiness. As for the work dress I own, it has a lovely floral pattern and has great detailing that extenuates the waist and breasts.


Tie-Neck Blouses


Blouses are obviously an essential part of a women's wardrobe, but personally I'm partial to Tie-Neck Blouses, also known as Pussy Bow blouses. Obviously a blouse is an inherently very feminine piece of clothing,  but adding a big bow on top of it really just send them over the top for me. They also usually come in satin, which has to be one of the absolute best materials to wear. I honestly don't have much to say about them they're a joy to wear, they make you feel super feminine and they're really comfortable. 


Blazers


Finally I wanted to touch on Women's Blazers and suit Jackets. While they are probably the least feminine item I plan on talking about today if you find the right one they can be an absolute dream to wear. My Blazer is made by Auliné, and is specifically designed to have a cute feminine cut and show off a few curves. Adding a blazer to your formal outfit makes it feel so much more authentic, and honestly they're really fun to wear, they make me feel powerful lol. They can also act as a great companion piece to blouses. Finally, if you're someone who really love authentic looking women's outfits, an outfit with a blazer is definitely a very modern and realistic one for your average women working a white collar job.



Bonus Items

Of course there's far more than just those few items that you can find women wearing in the office, so I just wanted to highlight a few final items that are great for office wear.

  • Pencil Skirts: A must own for any wardrobe that has office and formal wear in it! The sleek and form fitting skirts are a great way to look classy and feel sexy.
  • Blazer Dresses: They are exactly like they sound, a combination of a blazer and a dress. Perfect for when you want to rock a blazer but don't want to wear too many layers.

  • Slips: Unless you're specifically going for a sexy secretary look, modesty is important for work place looks, and adding a slip under your outfit is the perfect solution. Business and formal wear is also one of the best opportunities to incorporate a slip into your outfit. Check out my post on slips here.

    Hope you enjoyed my little discussion on business and formal wear! It certainly took me a while to find all those reference images, so I hope you liked them. Hopefully I'll get to add more formal looks to my collection soon, and I'll definitely be back with pictures when I do! Until then, stay classy every one!

-Carly