Sunday, March 26, 2023

Song Recommendation

 Hello There,

    So a little fact about me is that I'm a huge fan of music, and one of my favorite genres is Dance Pop. There's certainly no shortage of great Dance Pop singers, but today I wanted to give a shoutout to one of my faves Ava Max and her song So Am I


    While it was her song Sweet but Psycho in 2018 that blew up her career, for me it was the Song So Am I that made me her fan. The song discusses the importance of self-love, being an outcast and not fitting into society, which as a gender fluid person I really connected with. There are so many fantastic lyrics, and the chorus is phenomenal:

"Do you ever feel like a misfit?

Everything inside you is dark and twisted

Oh, but it's okay to be different

'Cause baby, so am I

Do you ever feel like an outcast?

You don't have to fit into the format

Oh, but it's okay to be different

'Cause baby, so am I"

    I think one of the greatest achievements of a song is when it invokes emotion within you, whatever that emotion may be, Love, Joy, Sadness, Humor. In the case of So Am I, it invokes acceptance. You don't have to fit into the format, and it's ok to be different, what a great message. Also what an absolute banger of a song! One of the reasons I love Dance Pop is the music just makes you want to dance (it's literally in the name of the genre lol), and So Am I is no exception! If you haven't heard the song before the music video is below!



    Pretty great song right! If you were a fan of that song and are looking for other Ava Max song recommendations, a few I highly recommend are Sweet but Psycho, Maybe You're the Problem, The Motto, My Head & My Heart, just to name a few, I could easily name 10 more fantastic songs but you got to start somewhere!

-Carly