Sunday, March 19, 2023

A Surprise White Bra

 Hello There,

    I'm always on the hunt for new things to add to my wardrobe, and something I've been wanting to add for awhile is a white bra. Sounds boring I know, but there's actually a couple reasons I've been hunting for one. Firstly I've always been a fan of how a white bra looks under a white shirt; I love the way the outline is plainly visible. Now for genetic women your bra being that visible is probably a minor annoyance, but for someone like me who loves bras, it's a great opportunity to signal to the world that you're wearing one. Additional to the fact that they show off well, it's also just great to have multiple colors of bras in your wardrobe. Different color bras are going to go with different color outfits, and while nude is almost always a safe bet, I wanted to add white to have more options. 



    Although a white bra has long been on my to-buy list I haven't actually been actively searching for one. Luckily for me though, I just happened to stumble upon one. I was in Walmart shopping for sheer black pantyhose (which I ended up getting), and I thought I'd check out the bras while I was in the women's lingerie section. Now my real goal for looking at the bras was actually to try and find a wireless pushup bra for sleeping in, but then I came across across a surprise. A white bra made by warner's, but this was not just any white bra, it was the exact style of bra that my mother owns, and that I used to wear all the time when I first started dressing. Well needless to say a wave of nostalgia ran over me and I had to buy it. 
    Once I got home, I immediately tried it on and was actually a little disappointed with the fit, it was my size but I wasn't getting that goldilocks "just right" feeling, oh well. That being said it is still fun to wear and totally satisfied my need for a white bra in my collection (for now anyway). But of course I also had to try on a white shirt over my new bra and see if it had the sexy sheer effect I was looking for. Sure enough it totally did! Mission accomplished LOL! But I got to say, it kinda makes me want to buy a white shirt with a higher neck line that way I get to more fully take advantage of the visible bra through the shirt. It's funny, it seems like every time I add a new item to my wardrobe I'm inspired to go out and buy something else new to go with it. It's a vicious cycle (but so totally worth it). Well hope you enjoyed my little shopping story, go out and get a white bra of your own, you wont be disappointed!

-Carly