Monday, October 9, 2023

Buying my Dream Wedding Dress... Almost

 Hello There,

    I discussed at length in a previous blog post about how I've long been on the hunt for my perfect wedding dress. Well recently my hunt came to an end... or so I thought! Every now and then I'll browse ebay for wedding dress, and usually come up empty handed. Either dresses are the wrong size, wrong style, or wrong price. However to my surprise while I was just doing a random browsing session I seemingly found a perfect dress! It had literally every feature I wanted: puff sleeves, long sleeves, beaded and lace detailing, mostly satin, and a large bow on the back. Funnily enough I had actually posted an exact image of the dress in my blog post on my dream wedding dresses!

    The San Martin dress itself seemed to be in good condition despite some minor imperfections. It was a size twelve, which I was fairly certain I could fit into. But the cherry on top was the price only $80! Not only had I found my dream wedding dress but I'd found it for a reasonable price! Needless to say I realized this was too good an opportunity to wait on so I instantly bought it!


    When the day finally came I with quickly grabbed my box off the door step and ran to my room. The box was fairly heavy which made me happy (I love a dress with some weight) and the dress was super tightly packed. Once I had finally freed it from its packaging I took in all the intricate details, it was a little overwhelming honestly! But enough staring, time for wearing! I threaded my legs through the long gown and began to pull it up. I slipped my arms into the sleeves and immediately noticed a problem, there was no way the back was going to zip up. I tried adjusting the shoulders and pulling things together but alas it was not even close. I was so disappointed!! I came so close, but unfortunately my wedding dress dreams slipped through my fingers again. Luckily the ebay seller accepted returns so I was able to ship it back and get a refund.

    What a disappointing turn of events, I had a perfect wedding dress in my hands it was just a little too small. I'll be sizing up in future orders, I'd rather not have to got through the same disappointment again. Oh well maybe next time! My eternal search for a wedding dress continues...

-Carly